The Big Bang Theory is an American television sitcom created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, both of whom serve as executive producers on the series, along with Steven Molaro. All three also serve as head writers. The show premiered on CBS on September 24, 2007. In March 2014, the show was renewed for three more years through a tenth season, which premiered on September 19, 2016.
The show is primarily centered on five characters living in Pasadena, California: Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper, both physicists at Caltech, who share an apartment; Penny, a waitress and aspiring actress who later becomes a pharmaceutical representative and who lives across the hall; and Leonard and Sheldon’s similarly geeky and socially awkward friends and co-workers, aerospace engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Raj Koothrappali. The geekiness and intellect of the four guys is contrasted for comic effect with Penny’s social skills and common sense.
By the third season, which premiered on September 21, 2009, The Big Bang Theory ranked as CBS’s highest-rated show of that evening in the adults 18–49 demographic. During its fourth season, it became television’s highest rated comedy. The sixth season boasts some of the highest-rated episodes with more than 20 million viewers. That puts The Big Bang Theory in the company of such classics as “Friends” (six seasons at No. 1 overall) and “Seinfeld” (four seasons).
The series is by far the biggest comedy on television, which is amazing!
Awards and nominations:
- In August 2009, the sitcom won the best comedy series TCA award and Jim Parsons (Sheldon) won the award for individual achievement in comedy.
- In 2010, the show won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Comedy, while Parsons won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
- On January 16, 2011, Parsons was awarded a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical, an award that was presented by co-star Kaley Cuoco.
- On September 18, 2011, Parsons was again awarded an Emmy for Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
- On January 9, 2013, the show won People’s Choice Award for Favorite Comedy for a second time.
- August 25, 2014, Jim Parsons was awarded an Emmy for Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
- The Big Bang Theory also won the 2016 People’s Choice Awards for under Favorite TV Show and Favorite Network TV Comedy with Jim Parsons winning Favorite Comedic TV Actor.
- On January 20, 2016, The Big Bang Theory also won the International category at the UK’s National Television Awards.
In August, The Big Bang Theory purchased “Reach,” an original Artwork by Natasha Bacca. It is one of my earliest works of art. It has been rented for numerous other television shows, including ABC’s Last Man Standing, CBS’s Two Broke Girls, and ABC’s Scandal.
Artwork by Natasha Bacca
unique chromogenic photogram
20″ x 24″
Here “Reach” is seen in the opening episode of season 10:
Continue to keep an eye for it, and please let me know if you see it anywhere else (this show or others)!
To acquire artwork by Natasha Bacca
contact me at 541-788-7212 or Natasha@NatashaBacca.com.
Thank you for viewing!
If you have questions or comments I would love to hear them.
Much love to you all!